Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Intro - Background

Ok, I am ready to admit to everyine that I am overweight. Some of you may already know that! I am now ready to admit it to myself then.

So many times I have tried to lose weight, and I have had some success, however, I havn't reached my goal yet. So now I am going to let it all out there to hopefully inspire others who don't feel they can do it and to finish what I started, so keep an eye on me.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Kristen. I am a stay at home mom of 2, ages 4 and 1. I also watch my niece, who is almost 2, full time - so as you can imagine I have little time to take care of myself.

I LOVE food, almost as much as I love my family. I attended Johnson & Wales University, College of Culinary Arts just to be with food! It's not just the taste I love but how it comforts you or how it can occupy you when you're bored. I tend to eat large portions and I eat when I'm not hungry. I am a big night eater and I'll eat whatever is quick and easy.

I don't feed my family the way I eat though, I love them too much to kill them the way I am killing myself. Since I love them so much, I am going to start caring about myself so I can enjoy a long full life with them.

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice looking blog here. Just try to find it in yourself to loose weight, find activities that you enjoy that get you going. My girlfriend and I play tons of tennis, bike, and even walk. All are great, what do you like? You can eat great foods and loose weight as well. Fruit, veges, whole grain, low sodium, sugar. Stay away from "sugar" processed sugar. Eat only sea salt items in the ingredients. No hydrogenated oils, mono- and dyglcerides as well. Check out a site called livesuperfoods.com They have the best organic snacks and fruit, etc.. everything.

    ReplyDelete